Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. I am honored to continue serving as the principal for Desert Mirage high school, home of the Rams! DMHS is a site that promotes bi-literacy education, student civic engagement, and centers the cultural identity of our students in their educational journey. Our staff of highly dedicated professionals looks forward to another productive year as they continue to guide our students’ high school journey to college, career, and citizenship. This year our focus is on enriching our academic programs to ensure that all students have the tools necessary to make informed choices about their future. This year we will continue to:
• Offer more Advanced Placement and Honors courses for academic enrichment.
• Offer more Ethnic Studies courses to promote social and cultural awareness that leads to higher academic engagement and achievement
• Increase opportunities for involvement in our AVID and PUENTE programs.
• Refine and enhance our CTE Pathways in Health, Aviation, Video Production, Computer Science, Architecture, Performing Arts, and our Green Academy.
• Grow and support our Dual Enrollment Program at College of the Desert.
• Provide students with plenty of resources to enhance their academic and social emotional growth.
Parents, I encourage you to become more involved in your student’s education and become an active member of our school community. As we continue to honor the heritage of our Native American population, our Purepecha and Tarasco communities, remember, that a strong community has the power to effect positive change. Let’s have a great year!!